Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just do it

We had such a fun time at the Cleveland Cavaliers game Friday night. It all started like this...

Jared received a letter from school at the beginning of the year that he was invited to the Cavs game on Friday because he had raised so much money the previous school year for "Jump Rope for Heart" for the American Heart Association. (He jumped in honor of Grandma Angel and Papa.) He was going to be able to shoot on the "hardwood"...the same "hardwood" that his idol, LaBron James, plays on. They would also be announced as a group for raising the most money.

So, Larry and I ordered ourselves tickets to go with him, because I don't think my 12 year old could get there on his own!

So, we get there, Jared is put with his group and Larry and I go to the section we are aloud to watch him...8 rows off the "hardwood". About 40 minutes later, they announce the kids and here they came...all 250 of them! Yes, there were 250 children shooting hoops. They did have it well organized and the kids were in six lines around each of the hoop, with a total of 12 lines. Each child got to shoot and then go to the back of the line. They each got to shoot about 3 times. Jared of course was the first in his line, so he was one of the first to shoot. The &^%$* in front of me stood up right when Jared shot. No, I did not get that picture. But I did get the next one of him shooting. Him with 125 kids standing around him, but hey, I know it's him in that picture. (He's the one with the LeBron James shirt on about 3 feet in the air.)



He had a really fun time being down on the "hardwood".
Of course the game was alot of fun too, even though we had to move into section 227 (the really high section) to watch the game. We usually go to at least one Cavs game a year, so this part wasn't new for Jared. But we did get to see LeBron do his classic tradition that he does before each game. He does something with baby powder...throws it up in the air...not sure why, but Jared loves when he does this. They have even made a commercial of him doing it...I don't get it, but it is cool.

It was also Ben Wallace wig night, so as you went through the gate, you got your very own wig so you can look just like Ben. And yes, 90% of the viewers had it on...even Jared.

I want to thank my bestie notyouraveragejenn for letting me use her awesome camera to get such great pictures. I owe you one girl!
GO CAVS!!!

No comments: