Saturday, December 27, 2008

A busy couple of days

OMG...we spend so much time getting ready for Christmas, then in a flash, it is all over.

Christmas eve was spent with friends, Lynn and Sherry. This year at their house. Lynn made a fabulous meal of chicken papakash, I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but it was so good. Gifts were exchanged and we had a really nice time with them. Afterwards, we went to Jared's "girlfriend's" house so he and Alyssa could exchange gifts. We finally got home around 11:30pm. Then it was time to play Santa.

Christmas day was also busy...we all opened gifts before going to Larry's sister, Marilyn's house, to have Christmas with his family and to have dinner. Larry got me an iPod touch, and a Nicholas Sparks book. Jared and Emily got me a mug with cocoa and the movie "Mama Mia". I love my new toys! The kids had a good Christmas this year, each of them getting their own Dell laptop computers...one of which I am typing on right now...thanks Jared.

Today was my family Christmas in Louisville with my cousins and some aunts and uncles. The gift exchange lasted about 2 hours this year. It was a lot of fun with a lot of "stealing" of gifts. Larry and I ended up with a $50. gift certificate to the Cleveland Cavaliers team shop. That will come in handy when we go to the Cavs game in March. Jared will surely benefit from that one. Emily went home with my cousin Emily to spend some time with her and her family. We will meet up with them tomorrow to pick her up.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more low key. We do plan on going to visit with my Aunt Diana to do Christmas with her, but only if she is up for company...my Uncle Tony is in the hospital and isn't doing well, so she may not be up for company. Please pray for him to be well.

We always look so forward to the holidays, then sometimes we can't wait for them to be over just so we can have a minute to ourselves. It is really nice to see family though and spend time with them. Looking forward to going to see my big brother, Raymond and his family, next week in Cincinnati.

Until next time...

No comments: