Friday, March 13, 2009

Track Shoes and Crutches

On Monday, Emily came home and told me that she needed track shoes with spikes to run track. Okay, for one thing, like she really needs a new pair of shoes, and another, it's just something that is a bit much for our budget since I am not working and Larry is laid off every other week.

On Tuesday, she told me that there was a mandatory meeting that night for all spring sports. She knew the week before, but forgot to tell me. So, we go to the meeting, then we went to buy her track shoes. Well, she found a pair that wasn't too high in price. They were $60.00. I told her she had to run and run fast if I was going to buy these shoes.

On Thursday, Emily came home and could not put any weight on her right foot. Oh, great...first thing I thought of was there goes my $60.00. Then quickly after that, I asked her what happened. She was running sprints and heard a "pop" in the front of her ankle. OUCH! She was in a lot of pain, and at 9:15 p.m. she still couldn't put any weight on it. So, I took her to the ER. I was afraid it might be fractured. Well, it's not, just a bad sprain. Sometimes a sprain can be worse than a break.

So, she is now on crutches for a week or until she can put weight on it. She is afraid to try, so this might take awhile. She is determined to start running track again as soon as she is able to. She even said she is going to "work extra hard" when she gets back. Good for you Emily!

See you at the meets...

No comments: