Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bats in the Cave

This weekend was full of long hours, seeing old friends and customers, doing what I love best, tons of laughter and looking for bats in the cave.

I was asked to work as a camp counselor @ the 4th annual Cord Crop Camp in Aurora. This was bitter sweet for me, but I was glad I had the opportunity to work with Amy and Stephanne again. They are such a crack up.

Seeing my old customers...with this I mean previous, was so great. It was nice to catch up with all of them and to know how much they miss the store, Jenn and I and the other girls.

Sitting Saturday night in the lobby with the rest of the camp staff was a lot of fun. We laughed until we peed. Well, maybe only I peed a bit! Margie told us about the haunted house she lives in...I would have moved out along time ago! Michelle was falling asleep at the table. I think she even walked back to her room with her eyes closed. Terri was barely awake after teaching the same class 6 times that day. The stories were fun, but spending time with everyone was even "funner". Sorry Ruthie that you missed out on all of it, but I'm glad you feel better.

One of the funniest things that happened this weekend was when Amy walked up to me when I was getting ready to do my daily demo and asked me if she had any bats in the cave. I laughed so hard...I almost peed again. (she wanted to know since she just blew her nose if there was anything left in there). I had never heard that before.

One of the issues this weekend was the customers from the NE Ohio stores that had been closed. Amy was concerned for them, that they don't have a store to shop at any more and wanted to reassure them that they were welcome and we were glad that they came to camp. As Amy put it, she wanted to address the "elephant in the room". I told her to stop talking about me like that!

All in all, we had a great time. I am glad I decided to take Amy up on her offer to work and get paid "a dollar a pound"...in which I was paid way too much since I don't weigh that much. I am glad I met new friends from Cord that I hope to see again when I come with my friends from here to scrapbook with them down in Columbus.

2 comments:

Stephanne said...

My favorite part? --- meeting "Blee".

Miss ya, roomie!

Jenn said...

You had me worried! I was wondering if "Bats in the Cave" = "Frogs in the Bed" from your last CCC!