Sunday, February 15, 2009

Too Much Chocolate

So Valentine's Day came and went. I had a nice day with Larry, Jared, Emily and Emily's friend, Kelly. We all had lunch at Applebee's, then off to Barnes and Nobel we were. The kids all got books they were wanting. Then we were off to the mall. Emily wanted to go to Hot Topic to get a hoodie...whatever. It actually is nice. When we got home, I gave the kids their Valentine's Day presents from Larry and I. We don't get them much, just something little and a box of candy.

So, that leads me to my next story. We were upstairs watching Nights in Rodanthe when the dog disappeared. This is really unusual for him, as he is usually attached to my side wherever I am. So, we called for him and he came running from the basement. He laid with us for awhile and watched the movie, then he disappeared again. He came again when we called him.

Around 10pm, Jared went down to his friend, Brian's house. When we returned at midnight, I was up in bed reading. He came running from the basement to my room to tell me that he knew where Jack was when he disappeared twice that night. Jack had smelled Jared's candy in the basement, covered with a blanket, and he ate the ENTIRE box. Yes, the entire box. The funny thing is, he actually unwrapped some of the Hershey Kiss' and miniature Reese's cups. There was foil all over the basement.

Well, I was so afraid he was going to have to go to the bathroom all night, but he didn't. But when I let him out of his crate this morning, he was so full of energy. I have never seen him like that before. He went out with Larry for the newspaper and ran and ran and ran. At first I didn't feel sorry for him when he first did it, I felt sorry for Jared because Jack ate all of his candy. Then around 1:30pm, he threw it all up. Yep, foil and all. My poor puppy. Okay, so now I feel sorry for him a little. Then around 7pm, he threw up again...more foil. I can't believe it had stayed in his system for so long. He seems fine now. I sure hope he has learned his lesson.

So, now I have to buy Jared another box of candy. This time he won't keep it under a blanket in the basement.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Linda F. said...

How nice of Jared to get Jack Valentine candy! LOL! Poor puppy. We had a big shepherd-collie mix once who ate a Sam's Club size bag of kisses one Easter. The foil went through her system and we had very pretty sparkly poops in our yard! Apparently from the Easter Bunny?