Friday, February 27, 2009

Meetings, Breakfast and Slumdog

For being unemployed, I sure did have a busy week this week. Monday night I attended the Founder's Day dinner for PTA. It was @ the Fifth Season banquet center, and the food was delicious. The best part was the PTA mom who came dressed in a corset and short, and I mean short, netty kind of skirt. I really felt under dressed. And, she sat right next to the principal. I wondered why he didn't stand up all night.

Then on Tuesday, Emily and I had a meeting for Freshman scheduling. I cannot believe she is going to be a freshman already. She is taking a packed schedule, including honors social studies. She is really excited, and I am really NOT.

Wednesday afternoon brought another PTA meeting, this time for the Arts and Science Fair to be held in April.

Thursday, I picked up my Aunt Diana and went to breakfast and to the bookstore to find another good book to read. She recently lost my uncle, but she has been keeping herself busy. I was lucky to get a few hours of her time! It was nice to spend time with her.

Thursday night, I had a meeting at the kids school for the Ohio Achievement Testing to be held in April. I thought I could get a few tips for Jared to have a little bit of an easier time testing so maybe he will be able to pass this year. I did get some really good websites that he can do some practice tests on. If anyone needs them, just let me know.

Today was the last of the busy week. I babysat little Emma for awhile, then Larry, Emily and I went for fish. I don't know why I love fish so much more during Lent. It was really good too.
After dinner, my neighbor Barb and I went to the movies to see Slumdog Millionaire. It was so good. Now I know why it has received so many awards. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to go.

Tomorrow I am meeting up with NotYourAverageJenn in town at the bookstore to hang out for a little bit. It is one of our favorite places to go. We both love to read and exchange books with each other. She is also lending me her camera so I can take pictures at Frank Ohl Intermediate School next week for their talent show. And my kids don't even go to that school anymore. Some day I will learn at say NO.

Well, until next time...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Well, it happened that the P.T.A. was gonna meet that very afternoon
They were sure surprised when Mrs. Johnson wore her mini-skirt into the room
And as she walked up to the blackboard, I still recall the words she had to say
She said, "I'd like to address this meeting of the Harper Valley P.T.A."

rdr8k said...

Watched slumdog today. Was unimpressed. Good movie but i don't get all the hoopla