Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Recent Visit

We just got back a few hours ago from Cincinnati. We were there visiting my big brother, Raymond, my sister-in-law, Danyal, and my niece, Rachelle. We got there around 4:30 Friday after a 4 1/2 hour drive with our 22 pound dog, Jack riding on my lap the ENTIRE time. The ride did seem to go rather quickly. The weather was nice and the sun was shinning part of the way there. This is to be expected since we live in Ohio...mostly gray skies!!

Once we got there Raymond made us dinner, some delicious pi aha with chicken, shrimp, sausage, and mussels. It was really good, except for the mussels...sorry Ray, but yuck. Thanks for a good dinner though. We had an enjoyable night just catching up and having our Christmas together. Thanks for all of the presents. Emily and Rachelle got to spend a lot of time together. They were mostly on their own computers, but they were in the same room holding conversation at the same time.

Breakfast was good too...Danyal made us pancakes and eggs...yes, you eat them together...first a pancake, then an over easy egg, then another pancake, and you top it with syrup. I have never had that either. My dad used to eat it like that, but I always thought it looked gross. But let me tell you, OMG, it was so good. I can't wait to make it at home. Yes, you too can try this at home!!

The ride home today was a bit longer than getting there. We stopped a few more times to let the dog out. And of course we had to stop in Columbus so we could go to my favorite scrapbook store in Polaris, Scrapbook Art. I had to twist Larry's arm a bit to take me there, but he finally gave in. I got some good stuff, I just hated to pay full price for it.

Now it is time to get ready for bed. None of us slept well last night. I don't sleep well when I'm not at home, plus Jack was very restless and was growling and barking at something part of the night.

Tomorrow, we are off to see "High School Musical" on ice. Emily and I along with her 2 best friends and their moms and Jared and his "friend", Alyssa. I'll let you know how it was.

Until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok
you really have too much time on your hand, but then again so do i as i am in patti's kitchen reading and responding to your emails
we really need to get a job - what do you think about selling professional scrapbooks for companies or individuals who are in need of interviewing
patti and emily created a really great one fo me and i landed the job the first time i used it
ps.. lets hope it works equally well this time ??
food for thought
please tell ray and hi family i said hello and missed seeing them this holiday