Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Real Life

So today the kids finally went back to school after being off for a long Christmas vacation. Emily was glad to go back, but Jared wasn't so thrilled. As soon as he walked in the door after school he said he didn't like school...because he got a lot of homework on his first day back. Sorry Jared, that is the way it goes when you are in sixth grade.

Larry and I took down all of our Christmas decorations today. I never let them up this long, but since we were away for a few days, it put us a few days behind. I love decorating for Christmas, but when it is all taken down, that is a great feeling too.

Larry if off for most of the month due to the General Motors layoff. I told him that we can either get a lot of things done while he is off or he is going to drive me nuts because we will be spending so much time together. So, check back at the end of the month to check on his status! I think he will survive.

Well, I'm off to make chicken quasadillias and rice for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I really enjoyed reading the first page of your blog. It's really wonderful how you record life's happenings with appreciation. I do some journaling, but I don't think anyone cares to read about my uneventful life (!!!) You are an inspiration. And I see how you have a really funny sense of humor. I'm like you, too much coffee, and I'm really "hyping happy!" Thanks for the read. Gina