Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

Today was the sixth grade field trip to the Akron Zoo. The weather was a bit rainy, but for the most part, it was a nice day. My group of kids was really well behaved. I was responsible for 10 children. 9 of which were not mine. It's hard enough for me to take care of my own children, and even harder to watch 10 of them as they run through the zoo. They were really good with staying together. Thanks, kids.

A newer student to our school, Nyjay, a boy from Baltimore, was in my group. He is such a character. He wore his cowboy boots to the zoo. He told me he and his mom are big fans of country. So, he and I were singing "These boots were made for walking" as we walked through the zoo. He is actually a good singer. I think he could be a good politician and may be our 2nd black president of the United States.

Glad this is probably the last field trip I will have to chaperon during the kids school career...why don't I just say no? Maybe it's time for another parent to take a turn.

Soon...

No comments: